Lately, I feel like I should be medicated. Seriously! I feel over the top stressed out. I feel like most days I am calling my girlfriends saying.....HOW in the world am I going to make it through this?
While I have been candid in the past about my boys getting into everything....I find myself laughing. Hahahaha....hahaha...ha....ahhhhhhh...like creepy stressed out laughing.
A few examples....
1. We currently have no dining room chairs. No, kitchen chairs anymore either.
2. No lamps.
3. No end tables.
4. They climb on the back of a chair in the living room to get to the blinds and pull.
5. They climb on the back of my couch to grab the pictures on the wall. We thought we got smart and flipped our ottoman on the couch....nope, they get on the couch and onto the ottoman.
6. Why go over gates if you can fit under them.
7. Climb into the drawers of our entertainment center to get on top of it to get to the t.v.
8. Opening my freezer and licking the handle (no, I do not line the handle with something sweet...I swear! It's weird!)
9. Opening my buffet doors which mind you I can hardly open.
10. They have gotten into my liquor cabinet and walked around with wine glasses which I would like to say is baby proofed. Just not Liam proofed.
It goes on. I know it all seems normal....but x2 is stressful.
Liam usually figures it out and Ryan follows along. Monkey See.....Monkey Do.
Honestly, this truly is the stage I am not fond of. While I love my babies to pieces and don't want them to grow up too fast.....they are making me a bit crazy.....OK.....ALOT crazy! I am desperately trying to find balance on what to "allow" them to do and what not to. I am exhausted. I am most days...losing it.
I do try and remind myself that these days are limited and time flies. I try and remember that one day I will miss them and what them to make me alittle crazy (keyword: alittle). I am also trying to find some balance in stressing less and enjoying my babies more.
Any good tips or pointers?
Yoga? Weekend away? Commit myself until this is all over?
PS....safety companies....if your looking for testers.....you might want to call us....I can pretty much guarantee my kids can get into it!